Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm an office supply geek.

So I have this weird obsession with cool office supplies. I am always on the hunt for fun, chic and sometimes quirky office stuff. Because my job actually consists of several different jobs smushed into 1 (I administer the scholarship program for a large foundation, administer grants for several smaller foundations, am the executive assistant to the president of the company that manages the aforementioned foundations, and plan & facilitate non-profit board retreats) I’m especially attracted to things that are cute AND keep me organized. Ask anyone who works with me what by biggest organization struggle is and they will without a doubt tell you it's my smorgasbord of notepads arranged neatly on my desk!


I have 1 for phone messages, 1 with my "weekly to do" list, 1 with my "need to do as I have time" list, and a "personal to do and projects" list (because if I don't write it down when I think of it - it won’t get done!) It drives me nuts but I need them all. I've tried a 3-5 subject spiral notebook but hated that once that page is torn out it's not going back in and one section inevitably fills up before the others and you're still stuck with multiple notebooks. Then I found www.levenger.com and their "Circa" notebooks - they are the bee's knees! It's like they took all the great aspects of the padfolio, binder, day planner, and spiral and merged them into a neat little contraption.





It's got a sturdy cover with pockets inside for business cards, loose paper and pens like a padfolio, is bound like a spiral so it's easy to write in (especially for a lefty!), but is refillable like a binder! You can order different kinds of paper (I have the to-do list paper, and the annotation ruled paper), dividers (to keep my lists separate), and it comes in fun colors!! So while I have just proven how extremely dorky I am, I have done so in hopes that if there other list-making, note-taking freaks like me, I have just made their life a bit easier!



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)