Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Whirlwind Wedding Weekend

I love me some alliteration! This past weekend we flew down to OKC for Daniel's cousin Magen's wedding. It was packed from arrival to departure. My husband was nice enough to drop me off after we landed in the great state of Oklahoma at my former office to chat with my wonderful coworkers (sans Lynsie and Anna...boo) for a bit. I didn't realize just how terribly I missed it until I got there. I had such a wonderful time catching up with everyone at the office, but the best part is this.....



I'm somewhat obsessed with Ree's blog (I say that like we're good friends or something.), her photography tutorials have been a huge help for this wannabe photo genius, and her recipes are beyond scrumptious. So when Susie (my former boss) handed me this cookbook (which I'd been meaning to get for months and months, but kept forgetting) I was super excited....then she opened it....



autographed just for me...aww shucks!

...anywho, after cleaning ourselves up a bit we headed to the main event! The wedding was really pretty...just the right size too- not too small not too big.


Magen looked a-may-zing (as usual) and I can honestly say I've never seen a grooms face as giddy and full of joy as Rogers was during that ceremony!






Saturday I got to spend the morning & part of the afternoon with my family! They ALL (and I mean the whole clan...mom, dad, Jon, Kristen, Danielle, Mark and Bri!)came up Friday night, stayed at a hotel and left Saturday afternoon...all just to see me!  It was good for my soul to get to hang with the fam even if it was just for a bit! ...oh and I got another one of these!! (who likes cooking??)


Since we couldn't be there for Sabrina's 7th birthday we brought her gift with us so we could give it to her in person! Being the Coach collector that I am, I've been counting the days til Bri was old enough for her 1st bag. Having done no research and completely dismissing how "un careful" I was at age 7, I decided that this was the year!

I can't decide if she liked the purse or the gum, nail polish, stickers etc I filled the purse with better. Either way she was a happy camper.



After my family left we had a pool party/ BBQ at Daniels parents house who've just had their backyard redone and we got to play with this little chunk....

and this little aquaman...

We got to see a couple friends and then before we knew it we were on a plane back to Oregon! It was a great weekend our only complaint was that we needed another day or 2 to see everyone we wanted to !!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)