Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fancy Dinner + Ankle Injury = Ugly Outfit

So the past few weeks have been super packed with mostly work. Luckily my work requires me to plan parties and events. While it can be quite stressful - seeing the finished product (aka happy event goers) makes it worth all the insanity.
(I wanted to sprawl out on the field- but since we were with several staff from both schools & the Qwest staff I opted to act like a grown up)

2 weeks ago we were in Seattle for the "Battle in Seattle" football game between WOU and CWU. My office was throwing the pre-game tailgate (well technically it wasn't a tailgate...since it was indoors and we had it catered) I drove up Friday with the hubs to do a walk through of the stadium. Did I mention the game was at Qwest Field? I've been to an NFL stadium, but this was the first time I'd been all over an NFL stadium (on a sprained ankle by the way- I sprained my ankle 24 hours earlier....getting out of bed.).

I have a new found respect for folks who run gameday ops at huge venues. James, the Qwest event manager, knew every nook, cranny, who was where, what went where.... it was incredible! They were getting ready for a huge sellout Sounders soccer match Friday night and here he was 7 hours before game time giving us little ol' D-II folks a walk-through like we were just as important as any other event.

That night we attended a dinner hosted by one of CWU's donors on the 75th floor of the Columbia Tower. The views of the sound, city, stadium, & mountains were breathtaking (even the ladies room had an incredible view!) It was also the 1st "fancy" event since about age 12 that I've ever worn flats to- I kept tripping on my last- minute-outfit-change-pants (which due to my flat shoes were about 2 inches too long!). Cocktail dresses don't go too well with flats and an air cast. We had such a fun time!
(the pic is a bit dark - it's the best I can do with a smartphone and dim lighting)

Saturday was the big day for both of us! I had the pregame event in the FSN Lounge at Qwest Field where guests had a build your own hot dog and burger bar. We had over 400 students, alumni, families and WOU fans show up! I was told it was fun...I spent most of the event at the lobby check in table :) Melissa, my office partner in crime/ lifesaver had to hold down the fort upstairs solo until our boss got there (Seattle traffic was particularly bonkers Saturday!). And of course Daniel had the game which went well (minus the losing part, which turned him into a mute dinner guest- again, yay for Melissa! ) all of the behind the scenes gameday stuff went off without a hitch.  

I think the best part of the weekend was getting to spend time with friends. Daniel's childhood bestie (they were each others "best men") and his wife live in Seattle and were able to join us for the game Saturday and took us to an amazing brunch at a place in the Queen Anne neighborhood called Toulouse Petit (if you're ever in Seattle it's a must!) Sunday morning. We got to hang out for a bit at their amazing downtown apartment on Sunday before we headed back.


Toulouse Petit pics by KOMO news

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)