Thursday, November 11, 2010

Yep...I'm that girl

You know, the one who breaks the unwritten "no Christmas decor before thanksgiving" rule. As to not let my neighbors on to just how holiday crazy I am, I am decorating the inside of the house this week (Christmas tree, breaking out the holiday place mats & napkin rings, switching to the holiday doormats & pillar candles) and I'm doing the outside next week, that way they think I'm just a week ahead of the game.


I love all of it! Gift wrapping, holiday music, baking, putting up Christmas lights, carolers, the whole kit n' caboodle! (I could do without the psycho shoppers and parking lot cutter-offers but that is easily remedied by online shopping and decorating early so you have plenty of time to shop before the pushy people start their holiday shopping!)

I think however, this being the 1st holiday where we are thousands of miles from family (at least for thanksgiving we will be) going "home" for the Christmas holidays is the part that I'm anticipating the most! I know we are both amped for some much needed family time and visits with dear friends!


I'll leave you with a question... our living room has a fireplace but it doesn't have a mantle (weird- I know), when we were in our apartment in OKC we at least had a "bar" to hang our stockings on. I have these great stocking hooks and can't for the life of me figure out where the heck I can put them. Any suggestions???

Cheers!   

3 comments:

  1. put them on the bookshelves! when i was little we hung our stocking on the knobs of the buffet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bookshelves?? or put in decorative nails/knobs over the fireplace! you dont need no stinkin mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could buy cute little hooks or something, put them over near the door...then when not Xmas, you can hang keys or even other decorative stuff on them! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)