Friday, October 8, 2010

Step 1.....

Admit you have a problem.

Discounts on designer brands!
I wouldn't say I have a problem, per se. Ok... maybe just a little one. "My name is Adrienne and I am addicted to online shopping." I blame it all on living in a small town. You can say it's a suburb but that would make you a liar. Suburbs connect to the cities they surround. Suburbs have Targets and Panera Breads and Starbucks-es. Gone are the days of running errands at lunch. I used to be so close to 2 different malls in OKC that "lunch shopping" happened on a weekly basis (especially when my husband's mom, who shares my affinity for shopping, would leave me the "I don't want to get you in trouble or anything, but Dillard's is having their extra 33% off sale." or "Shoe Gallery or the Lime Leopard sidewalk sales" voice mails. ....I miss those voice mails).
The home section on their sale page always has amazing goodies at incredible prices

My 1st week of work here I decided I needed to get some things to organize my office so I decided to make a "quick" run over to Target on my lunch hour. 30 minutes later, when I pulled into the Target parking lot I realized that there is now no such thing as "running" anywhere. If I'm going into town it has to be a strategically planned event complete with agendas, google maps, rearranged lunch hours and the inevitable "while I'm here might as well run by..." which then turns it into a half day outing.
anything you can think of is on etsy!

Ok, so maybe it's not that bad. Seeing as we live in a small town where our house and work are exactly 1.2 miles from door to door (Yes, I drive the long and arduous 1.2 mile commute.) we don't have reason to run to the "big city" on a daily or even weekly basis so when we do it's quite a production. Want proof? I filled my gas tank up 3 weeks ago and I still have a quarter tank left. (Maybe that just means I'm boring.)

great sales- clothes, shoes, bags, jewelry!
I used to never understand how people could shop online. I want to feel the clothes, try on the clothes, plus it always seemed the best deals were in stores! Then I moved. And now, well...it's bad. I shop online for everything. Even shampoo. I have an e-mail account I use just for online ordering so that when they send me their deals and sales e-blasts they are all in one place. I am a sucker for a good sale and free shipping & returns. I will say though I've yet to by shoes online. My feet are too difficult to attempt shoes. I tried jeans when bluefly.com had a huge denim sale and to be safe ordered 3 pairs of jeans in 2 different sizes since all three jeans were different brands. 6 pairs of jeans.....5 got returned. I couldn't even get one pair past my knees which made me wonder who buys their smallest size? Toddlers? One day I'll recover and try denim and shoes. 

Online shopping was invented for chicks in small towns who work all the time. And to that person I am eternally grateful! Each pic comment is a link to some of my favorite online stores where do you do your cyber-shopping?

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. great...now I'm online shopping because of your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl... I feel your pain more than you know. The closest Target, Panera, or Starbucks, are all 45 minutes away. Lunch errands are no longer the fun run to the mall... but now the post office, or city hall. Yuck. =/

    ReplyDelete

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)