Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Now walk it out....

Yeah, you read that right. On October 14th I will be exactly 28 weeks and 1 day preggo and I will be walking to raise money for student athlete scholarships. (My other option was to golf and if you've ever seen me swing a club without a baby bump in my way you wouldn't want to be anywhere near me swinging a club with a 28 week belly to add to my mad golf skills!)

wouwolves.com

I'm not a student athlete, and never was, nor do I work in the athletic department. So why am I participating you ask?

I'm doing it because I believe the student athletes at Western Oregon University deserve the best opportunity to be successful both in the classroom and on the field. These kids take a full course load, travel for games during season, spend countless hours practicing in season and during the off season and most have at least one part-time job all while maintaining a higher overall GPA than the non-athlete attending WOU.

I'm doing it because Daniel and I love Western Oregon University and the kiddos that attend there.

I'm doing it because our coaches find a way to win even though we play with far fewer scholarships than many other schools in our conference.

I'm doing it because I hope that if my little girl is good enough to play a sport in college that there will be people to willing support her dreams and her school.

I'm doing it because no gift is too small- a lot of little gifts can make a huge difference!

My goal is to raise $1,500 for scholarships I started my mission out by throwing $50 in and have had some folks help get me on my way but I still have a long way to go!

Visit my page HERE and help me and Brooklyn reach our goal!!!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)