Saturday, November 13, 2010

Morgan's Wonderland

When I was a kid I was a pro on the swing set. I could swing higher (although when it came to launching jumping out of the swing, my brother had me beat), see-saw better,  monkey-bar faster than any kid in town. OK- Who am I kidding?!?! I stink at all sports, including swing set agility, but that doesn't mean that some of my favorite childhood memories are of swinging with my brother and sister, attempting to climb trees, & "baking" mud pies with grass sprinkles using moms nice dishes (we didn't have a sandbox). So when I heard about Morgan's Wonderland I just had to share.


I , like most of you all, have been blessed to have grown up a happy, perfectly healthy "normal" childhood with my brother and sister. I didn't fully realize until today just how much  kids who have special needs miss out on, childhood staples like swinging and playing in a sandbox at the playground are near impossible for kids relegated to a wheelchair.....until now!


Morgan's Wonderland, located in San Antonio, Texas is a 26 acre park created specifically for children and adults who have special needs of all kinds. They dub themselves "The world's first ultra accessible family fun park". Complete with a sensory village, wheelchair accessible...everything (from bathrooms, to the ampitheater, to play scapes, even sandboxes!), even monitoring bracelets for security.


The amazing thing is that these kids and their families and caretakers finally have a place to enjoy and partake in so many of the little things we assume all kiddos get to do!

Check out their website and tell someone you know about this amazing place!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)