Sunday, August 21, 2011

Boy or Girl....the results!

As I mentioned in this post, I would follow up with baby old wives tale results so without further adieu.......


1.) High or Low
If you are carrying high with a big, round belly = Girl.  If you are carrying low with a smaller belly that sticks straight out = Boy.

This one is difficult, since it's my 1st baby I'm not really showing enough to determine high or low, but for the sake of the game I'd say my belly isn't really the stick straight out belly is more of spread out jolly belly ha ha! So test #1 = GIRL


2.)Heart rate
140 bpm or higher = Girl / Under 140 = Boy

Ha ha! Again with our ambiguous child! We have gotten heart rates in the upper 120's to low 150's  at the Dr's appointments and on our home Doppler but I'd say that it's most often in the 135-142 range so I'm going with BOY on this one.

3.) Acne
If you breakout = Girl  /No crazy breakouts = Boy

If you know me you know I have always had breakouts - my skin is the bain of my existence. I didn't think breakouts could be worse that the ones I already get at ahem, age 30. Turns out they can and they did. I have been a face washing machine the past 4 months! This round = GIRL.

4.)Sweet & Sour
If you crave mostly sweets = Girl / Salty & sour foods = Boy.

This one's easy! I crave mostly plain ol' carbs (plain boring bread, cereal, pasta, rice) and sweets. Especially fruit, Popsicles, and anything with chocolate in it.  GIRL

5.) Chinese Gender Predictor
there are 2 different calculators so I'll try both. But it basically takes your age at conception and the month of conception and tells you if it's a boy or girl.

The 1st one is from the parents.com site this one came back GIRL.
The 2nd one, found here, is really technical and uses your "lunar age" (whatever that is) this chart said BOY. So test number 5 essentially negates itself from the experiment!

6.) Mayan Predictor
Mothers age at conception and the year of conception. If both #'s are even or both #'s are odd =Girl / If one # is even and the other is odd = boy.

I was 29 and the year is 2011 both odd so this one goes to GIRL

7.)Drano
You pee in a cup (disposable of course!) add 1 tablespoon of Drano - Green = Girl / Blue = Boy

Uhhhh. I've officially secured my place in the looney bin with these next 2 experiments. So I'm thinking Drano has changed since this Old Wives Tale began. The Drano was a clear gel so it didn't do anything. At all. Boo. I was also paranoid of some weird chemical reaction so I was outside with two plastic cups each with tiny amounts to mix. Ha ha!

Survey says = TEST FAIL

8.) Baking soda
Again with the peeing in a cup! This time add 1 teaspoon of fresh baking soda fizzes= Boy / no fizz = Girl/

Yep. I did it. And I am somewhat embarrassed to admit it. Disposable spoon, cup and gloves! However this test said BOY

9.) Wedding Ring
Tie your wedding ring to a string. Hang it over your belly. If it swings in a circle = Girl / If it goes back and forth =Boy.

I did this one three times because I was sure it wouldn't do the same thing three times, but each time it went in little circles! It kind of creeped me out. Round 9 = GIRL

10.) Morning Sickness
Morning sickness/queasiness = Girl.  No or little morning sickness/ queasiness = Boy.

I've had all day queasiness starting around week 7 til week 13 since then it's been only hit me for a few hours once or twice a week. Round 10 goes to GIRL

11.) Eye test
This is wacky but, the eye test is when a “V” or “branches” appear when you pull down the skin under your left eye.  If you see a “V” or “branches” in the white part, you’re having a girl.

I did this test 3 times over 2 days. I was convinced that this would be different based on morning/ night whether you were tired etc. So I check about an hour after I'd been up in the morning, before I went to bed and the following day around lunchtime. no "V" = BOY

12.) Sleeping Sides
If you lay on your left side = Boy.  If you prefer resting on your right side = Girl

I'm a side sleeper by nature but can't fall asleep unless I'm on my left side so this round has been won by the BOY

13.) Cold Feet
Are your feet colder now that you are pregnant?  If so = Boy.  If your feet have stayed the same before pregnancy and during = Girl. 

My feet have always been cold and haven't gotten colder or warmer since getting preggo so this one = GIRL 

So with 11 tests  (Test #5 negated itself and the Drano test = fail! )For a grand total of.....

Girl -7  (63.6%)
Boy - 4 (36.4%)

The girl odds win by a nose! Geez- all that work and I'm no better off than where I started really! (As if we thought these Old Wives Tales were actually true. Ha ha!). It was fun to pass the time though.

For what it's worth I think it's a boy, Daniel thinks girl.

I suppose you'll have to check back tomorrow when we leave the gender predicting up to the sonographer and hopefully the kiddo won't have it's first camera shy moment!

Until tomorrow.....

1 comment:

  1. ok, #11 just about killed me. i'm still laughing and recovering from that one. not to mention drano and peeing in a whole lot of cups. you must be getting really good at that. i can't wait to find out what it is! everyone my age that's having babies right now are having boys. i vote boy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)