Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Brooklyn must be a good listener because she decided last Sunday night that she'd had enough in there. For those that would like, the following is her birth story because if I don't write it somewhere it will all become a blur. Proceed at your own risk ha ha!

I was told that few ladies' water actually breaks as the first sign of labor....mine did. I was almost asleep at 10:30 on Sunday night when my water broke. So I hopped in the shower and waited for the contractions to start. I tried to sleep but honestly, who could sleep I had a million things going through my head. I spent from 10:30 pm until 4:00 am showering, getting dressed, fixing my hair (cause I didn't want to look too terrible in Brooklyn's first photos), quadruple checking the hospital bag, watching Seinfeld episodes, timing contractions and e-mailing last minute information to my boss.

We checked into the hospital at 4:30 am. Monday morning. My contractions weren't bad at all and still only 10 min apart but my water had been broken for a while and it was ridiculously foggy that morning. I was only at 2 cm and 50% effaced so they decided to hook me up to pitocin around 7 am to try to progress things along. The pitocin worked at getting contractions going but at 1 pm I was still only at 3 cm and was 90% effaced.

The problem was that since my water had broken like 16 hours before I was leaking amniotic fluid and Brooklyn didn't have much to keep her afloat in there so she'd occasionally squish her cord causing her heart rate to drop, so they turned off the pitocin and to avoid a c-section they tried replacing my fluids....and it worked! I opted to get the epidural at that point (in case the fluid option didn't work I'd already be ready should they need to do a c-section) it was not near as bad as I had expected and my anesthesiologist was wonderful. They slowly turned on the pitocin again and around we figured since I had 7 more cm to go it be a while, but around 4:30 I told the nurse that I felt some pressure and sure enough I was ready to go, Dr. Lee arrived in the room at 5:00 ish and Brooklyn was here at 5:33 pm!

 She shares a birthday with her Grandad (my father-in-law). It was wonderful that not only were my parents (who are from Texas) able to be there but my husbands parents and sisters (plus one nephew) were able to hop a ride on the company plane to be there for Brooklyn's arrival as well!

meet  Brooklyn Elizabeth
7 pounds 2 ounces
20 inches long


1st bath- daddy did a great job!
Ride home from the hospital.

She fell asleep as soon as we put her in the car!

My whole world in one picture. I hit the hubby jackpot :)





She makes the best faces - we decided she was dreaming about roller coasters.


6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love her so much!!! Especially when she dreams about roller coasters! Can't wait to see her again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful. What a blessing. Congrats to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! Can't wait to meet her one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her hair! She's presh. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable! Congratulations again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tears...of course I do! I love a baby! Congrats Age! So happy for you and Daniel! Was just thinking about Madysen being in your wedding and now you have a baby!!! OMG! She's just beautiful! i love the picture (b&w) of Brooklyn and Daniel. It made me cry. So true...whole world.And now I'm crying again!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)