Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Happy Birthday Griffin!

He is here! And like I did with Brooklyn - here is his birth story....

Baby Boy Hare's due date was technically May 22nd. Daniel's parents had come down to visit and attend a wedding about an hour or so from our house the weekend of the 16th and we'd joked that it'd be convenient if he made his appearance while they were here to save them a trip.

We went to dinner at BJ's on Friday evening (the 16th) and got home around 8pm. We were letting Brooklyn stay up a little late so she could spend some time with BeBe and Grandad. We were all in the living room watching Wizard of Oz (fast forwarding through the parts with the witch of course) when I heard/ felt a pop around 8:30. I knew it was my water so I quickly got up and made a dash for the restroom. I was glad I did cause I would have ruined our new couch ha ha! I called my OB and came back into the living room to let everyone know there would be a baby born in no less than 24 hours.  At my appointment on Tuesday the Dr. said I was at 3cm and about 75% effaced (which with B took 6 hours of labor and pitocin to get to) and I'd been having BH contractions but they weren't painful so I figured he'd be on time or a smidge early but was a little surprised.

I showered and finished packing the hospital bag and Bebe and Grandad put B to bed while we left for the hospital. We arrive at the hospital and get checked in around 9:30-10ish. They hooked up pitocin around 11pm and watched.

I'd decided around 1:30am that the contractions were getting more painful and that I should order the epi before it was too late. Boy am I glad I did. The epidural was given and set up between 2-2:30 and by 3:20 am I felt like it was time so I had Daniel get the nurse and sure enough we were ready to go. The doc came in and 3 contractions later Griffin Patrick was here!

Griffin Patrick Hare
5/17/2014 at 3:59am
7 lbs 11oz
19 1/2 inches








No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)