Friday, July 3, 2015

Happy Birthday Dylan!

She is here!

Dylan Sue Hare
2:05pm 6/25/15
7lbs 4oz
20 inches

Birth story:

I was really nervous about this delivery as it was my 1st induction. We were scheduled for 2 days after her due date and I really thought she'd come on her own prior to that date. We were in l&d on her due date but that was because Griffin, Brooklyn and I had all caught either food poisioning or a stomach virus and I had to get pumped with 4 liters of fluid to rehydrate. Dylan was perfectly happy to hang on until she was evicted!
We checked in at 6am on the 25th not knowing if this would be a 19 hour labor like her sister's was or an 8 hour one like Griffin's. They started pitocin at 7:30am and broke my water at 8:30. Around noon I was 4-5 cm and the contractions were painful but not unbearable so I decided it was time to get the epi (I like to wait as long as possible- I HATE not being able to feel my legs!). It took 3 (!!!) tries for the anesthesiologist to get my epi going but she got it (well, mostly-I could still feel probably the worst part of labor which makes me think I could have foregone the epi and done ok) and I was glad she did. At about 1:50 I knew It was time and sure enough I was fully dilated. Dr. Micus arrived and I started pushing at 2pm, and 2 contractions later Dylan was here at 2:05pm!

She is louder, more awake, and a little feistier (she's already rolling onto her sides!) than her brother and sister which she'll probably need being the youngest. So far she doesn't seem to like the car as much as her siblings did but for the most part has been a pretty content little lady!

Welcome to the world sweet Dylan we are so glad you are here!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)