Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 18: Regrets

Day 18-Something you regret


Oh regrets! I always hear the old "Well, I don't have any regrets cause if it wasn't for (fill in the blank) I wouldn't be who I am today."


That's true you wouldn't be...you'd probably be better. ;) Haha! While I must say, had I actually hit the books hard and graduated on time from college, I would have graduated just after meeting Daniel and wouldn't be married to him, nor would I have had the opportunity to do cool stuff like kick it on Air Force One, or have a few too many cocktails with Hootie and the Blowfish.


While my lack of discipline (and surplus of "party hopper") was partially why I am where I am today it doesn't mean that there are lots of decisions that if I could go back would most definitely decide differently.


I regret not studying more in college - really soaking in all the knowledge. Instead I just learned what I needed to and regurgitated it for tests.


I regret not getting involved in more activities in HS and college. I was always afraid to try new things whether it be try out for a team or join a club...I think because I was afraid of rejection. Hey can't get rejected if you never try right??? Boo for me.  


While there are regrets that we all have I've learned that instead of beating myself up over the all the things I coulda-woulda-shoulda, I can recognize and learn from my regrets and remember to count those blessings because they always outnumber the regrets! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)