Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 19

Day 19-Something you miss


Family. 
There's nothing like being close to family! Skype helps, but it's most definitely not the same!

Tanner.
See Tanner story here and here.

Taco Rico (aka Leal's). 
If you're ever in Waco, Texas go to Leal's and order a chili topper, or a burrito, or heck just order the amazing tortillas....just go - you'll thank me later!

Not being close enough to attend Baylor football games (or basketball, or baseball).

George's Crazy wings.
Again, If you're ever in Waco...I know George's is known for their Big O's but my guilty pleasure is the crazy wings. What's a crazy wing you ask??? It's a hunk o' chicken breast wrapped in bacon stuffed with jalapeno and cheese, and fried til the bacon is crispy and the cheese is melted. Cut that baby in half dunk it in ranch and enjoy! I'm sure each one is like a million calories but who's counting right?

My OKC Co-workers.
Don't get me wrong, I've got some awesome gals (and guys) that I've met here in Oregon and I love 'em to death. There's something about our small little OKC office though that I just adore. We all worked hard but we had fun doing it and had some of the funniest office lunches. I literally have never laughed more than I did at FMI/CFO!  If any of you gals or guy reads this - I miss the beserks outta you guys!!

Texas accents.
Yep - I miss Texas accents....while most non-Texas people hear a Texas accent and automatically deduct 20 points from an IQ, I hear a Texas accent and I think of home :)
Restaurants that are open after 8pm.
In a town of 10 people (ok add a few zeros) most everything is locally owned. While that is really cool -the downside is that people are usually 9ish -5ish and closed on weekends, and holidays (like even Columbus day, and secretary's day, and Wednesday)

Dillard's & Hobby Lobby
Literally having withdrawals. On the bright side- I'm sure we've saved a gazillion dollars.
Central time zone.
By far the best time zone for sports. While it's nice that NFL games are all done by 9pm, getting up before 7am on Saturdays to catch ESPN College Gameday is redic. Not to mention having to take late lunches (aka not eating lunch so I can leave at 4) to watch the MLB playoffs and world series. Central time zone people you've got it made.

My Girls.
I miss being able to call up my bestest friends to rendez-vous for a post work cocktail and catch up, or meet to tailgate before a game. We're spread across the country and it sucks. Miss you girlies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)