Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Help me!!

So I'm looking for a jewelry tree.

Somewhere in my transition from college to the working world I have shifted from trendy clothes to the classics. And to anyone under 23 that probably reads "After I got outta college I started dressing boring." Not true, sayeth the old lady. I have just realized that I'd rather not spend all my money buying every new trend I see that I'll only be able to wear for a few months.

I spend the bulk of my "clothes budget" (yes I have a clothes budget and it's  tiny) on the good stuff! Classic handbags, nicer shoes and boots, great fitting jeans and sweaters. All of which most people would consider plain. I consider it a canvas for my accessories! Since a good hunk o' the CB goes to these staple items I don't usually have a ton of cash left for the accessories. 

I've found it's much cheaper when my trendy items are accessories, because unlike sweaters and dress pants, cheaper accessories don't get the wear and tear and tend to hold up longer than sweaters and pants that are being washed and worn constantly.     

I'm particularly a fan of scarves and jewelry! You can find some super cute scarves for $15 or less at stores like old navy, Target, and even handmade ones on Etsy! For Jewelry I hound sites like RueLaLa and Gilt. I bought these $60 pair of earrings for $23 a month or so ago on Gilt!

And it doesn't help that 2 of my co-workers who office right upstairs from my office make jewelry as well!

Which brings me to my dilemma. I have a rack for all my scarves but my jewelry box is full and a mess to say the least. I'm looking for a jewelry tree (or trees - yikes!) or stand or something to help keep my jewelry organized and displayed in a fun and fashionable way!Maybe an earring tree and a necklace tree ;)

What do you use to store/display your jewelry? Do you like it? Is it purdy??? Let me know I need help!

4 comments:

  1. I hoard jewelry like it's no ones business, I've done it two ways. One, a really pretty cork board with clear pushpins that I hung the earrings and necklaces on. My uncles once mistook it for a piece of art it was so full of different colors and textures, etc. I outgrew it though.

    I've also used a frame filled with wire mesh for just the earrings alone, and put hooks on the wall below it for the necklaces.

    I got tired of seeing them on the wall though so I finally went utilitarian. Yes, all my jewelry is in 2 craft organizers (big ones) but it works really well!

    The question is do you want to decorate a space in your house with your jewelry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....good question! I'd like some of it to be on display but not all of it. So maybe a mini display and a fun/functional way to organize the rest? I love the picture frame and wire mesh idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make the picture frame ones....let me know and I can hook you up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a really pretty jewelry tree Michael's mom gave me for Christmas... I'll get the details of where she got it and let you know. I still keep some in the jewelry box but some necklaces out and it frees up a lot of space for other stuff in the box. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)