Tuesday, November 22, 2011

33 weeks and another nursery project

Less than 7 weeks to go (unless she's late or early)!

Here are some fun facts for ya:

Today I am 33 weeks & 4 days.

On the scale: So far I have managed to pile on 25 pounds over the past 33 weeks and am fearful that with the holidays upon us that number may jump drastically over the next 6 1/2 weeks. I have been lucky up til this point and don't have stretch marks....yet. I'm sure there's still plenty of time for those to appear.

Cravings: Lately anything that's bad for me, breads, mashed potatoes, but mostly sweets. You should see me in the bakery/bread section at the store. Daniel had to drag me away from the tables filled with cakes, pies, muffins, croissants, and coffeecakes. Apparently I was circling the tables with crazy eyes. (Which is why I'm fearful of spending my last weeks pregnant in the midst of the food over-indulgence season)

Symptoms: I think I've been really blessed in that this pregnancy hasn't seemed near as bad as what everyone warned me about when it comes to aches, pains, and sleeplessness. I don't take naps, no swollen ankles, I don't need 80 pillows to be comfortable, I'm not up every hour to pee at night, and until now have been able to do all the things I normally do and function at work and home at my regular pace. If the delivery is anything like the past 7 1/2 months have been, I could definitely do this again.

Things I miss: I'm sure this will make me sound like an alcoholic but....wine. I'm really missing being able to have a glass of wine with dinner.  And as of this last week, I miss being able to walk up a flight of stairs and not be winded, and being able to bend over and get up off the floor with ease.

Looking forward to: Finishing up Brooklyn's nursery (just a few more projects ;) surprise!), and getting to finally meet her!


As you know, I'm on a make everything yourself kick, maybe it's my version of nesting. This week's project is a set of clothes sizing rings for Brooklyn's closet. I already had the paper, paint and Modpodge, all I needed were the rings and sticker numbers! I bought wood "O's" from the craft store for $1 a piece and the stickers were only $1.50 so this project only cost $6.50 (yay for no sales tax in Oregon).











1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are one lucky momma to be. Your pregnancy sounds pretty easy breezy. But I know, regardless of your lack of symptoms, it hasn't been "easy breezy". I do hope that next 7 weeks stay this way and go by quickly for you!! I haven't had any wine lately and it occurred to me that I need to take advantage of my ability to drink any wine at all. So, one that note I'll have a glass for you. :) Good luck over the holidays! Try not to think about over consumption too much. But you might wanna work on the crazy eyes in the bakery section. hahaha…is it bad that I do that and I'm NOT pregnant?? :)

    ReplyDelete

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)