Tuesday, May 29, 2012

{DIY}: Bow holder & bows

So after the wreath project was over, I decided to venture on to a more labor intensive project which has now spawned a mini addiction. Like many little girls Brooklyn has lots of headbands and bows and I wanted to get a hair bow holder for her to put them on. As usual, I had a picture in my head of what I wanted and didn't see it on Etsy or Pinterest so I decided to take a stab at making it myself.

I ordered an unpainted 4 peg coat rack (to hang the headbands on) and wooden plaque (for the bows) from hobbylobby.com and painted them in colors to match B's nursery. Once the painting was done I attached her initial to the plaque and matching ribbons to the bottom of the plaque and hung them in B's room.


Which then led me to making her little bow clips. Like 24 of them. I just started and couldn't stop. I had to try different colors, different kinds of bows, I went nuts. I found that adding the no slip grip helps them stay in B's hair and I'm glad I finally have colors other than pink. She has some cute blue rompers and even though they have ruffles on them people see blue and still ask if she's a boy so having some blue clips/bows should make it easier for folks.

I still have some work to do on some of them but wanted you to see the madness for yourself :)

For the bow holder I'd say it probably ended up costing about the same to make as it did to buy (one of the cheaper ones on Etsy) only because I bought 5 yard spools of ribbon as opposed to just buying just what I needed. I had a blast making it and this kiddo is going to have a bow for every outfit ha ha! I have tons of ribbon to make bows so if you are having a girl or have a girl and want some bows or clips call me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)