Monday, May 28, 2012

{DIY}: Wreath


So I, like many of you all have been gathering oodles and oodles of ideas from Pinterest. I'm pretty sure if I tried to attempt making every dinner, drink, dessert, and craft project I've pinned I'd have to live to be 157 years old (and have a personal trainer to help be burn off all the calories I cook!). But I have gotten cracking on a few and I started with the easiest.

I have a fall and winter wreath but didn't have one for spring so after seeing one on Etsy via Pinterest I thought surely I could replicate it. So I headed to Michael's and bought a grapevine wreath for $4, and grabbed a few artificial flowers (which happened to be 50% off when I was there so that only set me back $6) and an unpainted letter H for $1.


I headed home and got out the trusty glue gun and some white paint I had left from when I did Brooklyn's nursery letters. I painted a few coats on the wood letter and while that dried cut the flowers off their wire stems and figured out where I wanted to place them and hot glued those suckers on the wreath. Once the letter was dry I glued that on and voila! a personalized, hand made wreath for $11 and 30 minutes of painting and gluing!   





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)