Friday, May 25, 2012

A mommy post

Most of my posts these days are Brooklyn related so today I'm taking a kid break and filling you in on what I've been up to (aside from feeding changing and playing with a nugget day in and day out!)

So I'm on this healthier living kick (nothing like having a little nugget to make you wanna be healthy) so I've been taking advantage of Oregon State Employees' incredible healthcare. I finally went for my new patient appointment with my primary care physician. Is it sad that I've lived here for 2 years, had a baby, and have just now found a PC provider?   

Speaking of getting healthy, I've been working on getting the last of my baby weight off and was looking for some new workout gear. (of the 7 pounds I had to get back to pre-baby I've lost 3.5 and am stuck there for the moment.) I know I'm not going to be training for the Olympics for hours a day so I didn't want to spend 60 bucks for workout pants (sorry Nike and Adidas!). I also know that the brand they sell at Target sucks so I decided to give Old Navy's active wear a try and surprisingly I really like it!  Affordable, cute, fits well and (for someone who is moderately active) holds up nicely!
I got their compression capris and leggings and could seriously wear them every day if it was appropriate. Who woulda thunk, Old Navy for active wear. Anywho, if you are looking for some workout wear for a good price start there.

The other fun find I came across was a really good clip free curling iron. I've always wanted to have loose curls like Lauren Conrad (she's my hair icon) but my hair is stick straight and has never held curl well. Like spend an hour curling and hair spraying the crud out of it and 20 min after I leave the house you can barely tell I did anything. With Oregon being so rainy I'd say I've only attempted curling my hair maybe 4 times in the past few years. After reading countless reviews on curling irons, I got the Amika triple barrel clip free curling iron from Sephora and while it took a few tries to get used to having no clip I am in love! Here's a low quality before and after I took with my cell. It only took 20 minutes and all I used was a light hold hairspray (I could actually run my fingers through it!) and it looked just as good the next morning which was awesome since I'm usually lucky if the curl lasts more than 3 hours.


I've also been getting my craft on. I'll post the projects later this week.

.....annnnd the nugget is awake. Have a great weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)