Monday, September 2, 2013

Summertime blues

 Summer has come to a close so I wanted to be sure I had some documentation of it before it all becomes a permanent blur. I have no idea what happened to the summer. I feel like we haven't really done much but then how did it disappear so friggin' fast?? Consider my mind boggled.



My sister and niece came to visit. My Bro-in-law had to stay in Washington and work and we missed getting to have him here but I'm sure he didn't mind missing out on our 100 degree summer days. While they were we got some pics of 'Nana' (my mom) with all her grandgirls.

We took a few trips to Oklahoma. Most recently (and by recently I mean like over a month ago)  to Grand Lake for family lake trip. Now you have to remember that when I say family with my husband's side that means err-body. The Oklahoma family goes BIG, y'all. A small gathering would be us and his immediate family, a regular gathering is aunts uncles, cousins, grandparents. We were so nervous cause lately B's been really clingy around big groups (even family) but she did great!




We all had so much fun visiting with family, playing in the pool, eating, playing games together, snacking, going out on the boat, eating more, golfing, taking the kids on golf cart rides, celebrating birthdays and eating of course. Oh wait, did I already say that? We had the longest drive we've made with B at about 8-ish hours with stops and all. Thanks to the DVD player we got for the car, Brooklyn was a saint for most of the car ride. On the way home we stopped in a Lowe's to let her run out some energy. McD's playplaces just don't cut it.


Daniels parents came to visit for a weekend they brought a cool light fixture that I painted and added crystals to for our entryway.


before (minus the crystals)
after
We had a former Baylor football player and his puppy come stay with us for 2 weeks to train before he had to report for NFL training camp. Those 2 weeks were the healthiest I've eaten all year and the most groceries I've ever bought! The looks on people's faces when they'd see my grocery cart was priceless. Brooklyn still often asks for "Terrance and Ronny" when we get home from school!



We've taken several trips to the splash pad, the museum, and the park had cookouts and lunches and birthday parties with amazing friends from Lifegroup, have had Sunday dinners with my parents and my brother and his family, and have volunteered in the children's ministry on Sundays at church.






All in all it's been a wonderful summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn. Don't be shy, tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Flavors

accessories (5) adventures (3) advice (2) appetizers (1) awesomeness (4) Baby #3 (1) baby gear (1) Baby Hare (16) Baby Hare #2 (7) Baby Hare #3 (2) Baylor (2) beliefs (2) birthdays (4) blogs (5) Brooklyn (42) camera equipment (2) cars (1) celebrities (2) chic (3) cleaning (2) concerts (1) crazy (7) dance (1) decisions (4) design (2) diy (9) dogs (4) dreams (1) Dylan (14) etsy.com (3) facebook (1) faith (2) family (32) fatness (4) favorites (2) fear (2) Final Four (1) food (12) friends (10) furniture (2) gifts (1) goals (5) Griffin (18) gym (1) hair (2) happiness (4) health (3) holidays (6) home (9) honey jars (1) husband (5) immaturity (2) infantile spasms (2) insanity (5) invitations (1) joy (23) lessons (8) life (44) love (6) marriage (3) me (16) memories (14) milestones (49) movies (1) music (2) NCAA Tournament (1) nerdiness (1) nursery (3) office supplies (1) Oklahoma (1) Oklahoma Basketball (1) Oregon (5) organizing (2) OU (1) parents (1) parties (1) pets (2) photography (4) pictures (19) pregnancy (17) projects (14) randomness (9) rants 'n raves (3) recipes (8) renovation (1) renovations (2) school (1) shopping (5) silly (1) soup (1) sports (2) style (1) summer (3) travel (8) TV (1) vacations (2) vegetarian (1) videos (1) wedding gifts (1) weddings (1) weekends (7) windows (1) wisdon (1) work (5) WOU (1) wussiness (2)